Have you ever had one of those times when you get home late from work or the gym. Tired, starving and feeling like if you don’t eat something in the next few minutes, you won’t be responsible for your actions? Well, I certainly have. This recipe is ideal in those very situations. Not only is it tasty and satisfying, but it goes from fridge to fork in less than ten minutes. Enjoy.
3 Large Eggs
40g Feta Cheese
50g Pancetta (or bacon lardons)
2 Big handfuls of baby spinach leaves
Cost per portion: €1.34 (I shop in Aldi, prices correct as at 30/01/2016)
- Turn on your grill. Put your plate in to heat.
- In a hot, dry pan fry your pancetta until crispy and sizzling. This should take about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Return your pan to the heat.
- Whisk the eggs in a large jug
- Chop up the Feta into small cubes and add it to the eggs
- Add the pancetta to the eggs, stir and pour your mixture onto your hot pan. You won’t need any oils as your pancetta will have coated the pan.
- Drop the spinach leaves onto the omelette. Don’t worry if it looks like it’s too much, it will reduce in size.
- Fry the omelette for about 3 minutes. If you lift the edges with your spatula, the underneath should be a lovely golden colour.
- Pop the pan under the grill for another 2-3 minutes. Believe me, this is much easier and safer than trying to flip it!
- When the eggs are set and the cheese is melty, you’re done.
- Simply fold the omelette in half, transfer it to your heated plate and enjoy!
Kcal per portion – 472
Fat – 35.4g
Protein – 34.8g
Carbs – 2.2g