I always find that during the week my evenings consist of running around like a crazy woman trying to get everything done, so that I can eventually sit down! No matter how organised I try to be, there is always a dishwasher to be unloaded or laundry to be done. That’s why I love dinner like this one. After just a few minutes of prep, I can just bung it all in the oven and while it’s doing its thing, I can do mine. If your weekday evenings sound like mine, then this recipe is definitely one to try. Enjoy xxx
Two large chicken fillets
About 10 baby potatoes
A packet of Parma ham
A drizzle of olive oil
A shake of Italian seasoning (mixed herbs will do)
(Adjust the quantity of the veg depending on size, use the after photo as a guide to what the portion should end up looking like)
Cost per serving: €4.05 (I buy my chicken in Nolan’s butchers, the rest came from Aldi)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade and put a full kettle on to boil
- Peel your carrots and parsnips and chop them into batons. To do this, cut the vegetable into thirds and chop each third into quarters lengthwise.
- When the water is boiled, fill a large pot with the water and add the chopped veg and potatoes. Put the pot on high heat to boil for about 5 minutes
- Trim any bits of fat or sinew off the chicken
- Wrap each fillet in 3 slices of Parma ham. Start at one end of the fillet and work your way down. They will be overlapping
- When the veg has been boiling for about 5 minutes, drain them and pop them into a large Pyrex dish. Drizzle the olive oil over them, just enough to give them a light coating. Shake some Italian seasoning over them and give them a good shake.
- Put your veg and your chicken in the oven for about 25-30 minutes
- Plate up and enjoy!
*Top tip, I always double up on the veg when I make this. It keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days, and it is a life saver for really hectic nights.
Nutritional Information (per portion)
Calories – 617
Protein – 77g
Fat – 9g
Carbohydrate – 43g